Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Week in Gratitude #3

- I am grateful for waking up this morning knowing that I have not mistreated myself or others through unkind words or deeds.

- I am grateful that I don't mind whispering "I love you" to myself when necessary. Try it sometime. It feels good.

- I am grateful for my art. Creating it makes me feel empowered in an uncertain world.

- I am grateful for the other artists I have met on this blog, and look forward to meeting more.

- I am grateful for the family and friends who visited my space yesterday. We had good food and good fun. It was a blast, ya'll - I needed that.

- I am grateful that I am finally learning to live from moment to moment.

- I am grateful for music. It is the flip side of art.

2 comments:

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Hi Georgette; I so love being in a state of gratitude! It is such a positive place to be - and from which to create. I think at the core of all my art work and creating is a state of gratitude for being here on the plant, and in this time, and of course for connecting with like minded people such as yourself! Great post.

Georgette Jones said...

Leslie, As I am typing this, I have such a wonderful view from the window next to my computer - a red maple. It inspires a feeling of gratitude, as do your words. Blessings.