Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Week in Gratitude #2

I am grateful for the following:

- My granddaughter's visit last Sunday. If not for her, we would not have walked to the pool and enjoyed ourselves for almost three hours on a hot, muggy afternoon.

-Having the energy to get lots of tasks completed this past week. I still have lots more to do before my Open Sutdio Show.

-Not worrying this week. Although there is lots to worry about, I simply did not do it, and my body thanked me.

- The August issue of "O" magazine, a gift subscription from my daughter. There was a wonderful article about a Washington, D.C. woman who collects African-American art. Wonderful works. Great article.

- The thrift shops I found here in Ann Arbor last weekend, especially loved the unusual items. I enjoy decorating with both new and old things.

- All the outstanding artists' websites I recently visited. Viewing the art of others is exciting. Some of the calligraphy artists' works blew my mind. I went to some unpacked boxes and pulled out several works of framed calligraphy that I have never shown. I was pleased with them, and plan to hang them at my Open Studio Show.

-These songs made me happy this week: "Baby, Can I Hold You Tonight?"/Tracy Chapman; "Love"/Sugarland; "Summertime"/Miles Davis; "But Not for Me"/Ella Fitzgerald

No comments: