Thursday, December 10, 2009

Rewind





For hours, it was, having bled,
Transfusion a strong probability
My countenance pale as the hospital bed
Myself moving backward toward eternity

Alarmed, I felt my soul leaving me!

The nurse's cry for help, strangely transparent
So thin a disembodiment I could feel
I, fading quickly, quite apparent
Transcending now in circular reel

Soul now flown toward dust into dust
 Reversing to birth on a turning wheel 
 Seeking its origin as all we must
Backward move in infinite reel                           

 That passes in slow motion I have found
That passes before our transiting eye
Is simply a circle that is rewound
To play again forward
But never to die
Having come through, I now find
We don't ever leave, we simply rewind.

copyright 2009, Georgette Jones


2 comments:

kelvin s.m. said...

Very true and serene... a pleasure to read...!!!:)

>Good day!!!:D

~Kelvin

Georgette Jones said...

Thank you, Kelvin, I appreciate your comments and am glad you enjoyed the poem.