Sunday, June 21, 2009

Art in Words





"Angels in Flight"



In two recent volumes of poetry, there are paintings whose messages refer to the poems. For each volume, I have created a handbound prototype of the book I wish to publish. Ironically, only two of the poems were actually created to reflect the subject matter of the paintings. They are "The Compassionate Sun" and the poem below, "Of My Body, Forgiveness." For all the other poems, I was able to find paintings that referred to each one because all my themes fall under one umbrella (see sidebar explaining what my paintings are about).

As the poetry and paintings inform each other, this is particularly so of the one below. I believe that the body is essentially forgiving, having found this to be true time after time. However, it takes persistence of focus to achieve a constant mind-body connection. Whenever I become distracted with too many priorities on my plate - as it were- this issue of spiritual struggle presents itself once more........



2 comments:

Daughter of Wisdom said...

Another breathtaking piece of art! I enjoy your paintings a lot. There is such an other-worldly, spiritual dimension to them. They take you from the sadness of this present world, to another world of wonder and beauty.

Georgette said...

Daughter of Wisdom, I appreciate your comments very much. I am happy to know that you view my work in the spirit in which it was created.