Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Art in Nature


As late spring eases into early summer, more often than not, the inspirations for creating art are: The Japanese maple in my front yard, which provides shade for the newly-planted white begonias residing under it; the abundant variety of trees lining almost every avenue of the city; the lovely Huron River showing glimpses of herself in unexpected places; the colors of nature endlessly flaunting themselves in hues of green, purple, red, yellow and blue; the clear sky; the fresh air......Can anyone deny that a Master Creator dwells among us?

Being among nature stills my inner self, while stirring my passion to paint. How does viewing nature make you feel? What do you like most about nature?

3 comments:

Daughter of Wisdom said...

I love nature. I feel closest to God when I am surrounded by nature.

Georgette Jones said...

Thanks for your comment. This is exactly how I feel.

V said...

What I love is that She can never be controlled completely. We try to use Her. We try to harness Her tightly, use Her animals, and Her creations, and for a time She appears to cooperate. But at a moment's notice She can throw off all constraints, and when She does that, better get out of Her way!